Early in his career the designer famously used the nail polish of an assistant to paint the sole of a shoe he was working on, he wanted to make it more vibrant and hence the iconic red sole was born. Currently working on releasing a full beauty range the first to be launched is this nail lacquer. It's a timeless shade of red that would suit any skin tone and is inspired by the iconic red sole of every Christian Louboutin shoe.
- File your nails and have them shaped either round or square whichever you prefer.
- Quick swipe of nail polish remover to remove any dirt and grime and remnants of old nail polish.
- Using a cuticle stick, push your cuticles back.
- Using clippers, cut away tough, dry skin from the nail beds.
- Swipe polish in the middle of the nail and then either side to finish the fingernail.
- Depending on lacquer complete two thin coats of colour and a top coat for lasting shine.
- Allow a good couple of hours for polish to dry to avoid marks, scratches or bubbling.
- A good manicure should last you 5 - 7 days before chips start to form.
The contessa recommends fresh colour be applied every 5 days.